My Scales

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

theclimb

I really don't like exercise a whole bunch, yet I do like the benifits of doing it.  It does make me feel good, and I know it will keep me alive a few years longer if I don't kill myself doing something stupid.  Today my daughter and I hiked up Mill Hill.  The last time I did that I was pregnant with my son (now 2 years old).  I didn't quite make it to the top back then, but today I did.  I also made it down in one piece as well.  Which is no easy feat considering the semi wet trail, spring run off making the dirt into mud....and the 45 degree slope in places.  It feels good to be able to physically do that without a great deal of effort.  Thirty pounds does make a difference. 

Last year I did the TC10K in  2:26:39, mind you I did waste 1/2 hour in the bathroom lineup at the halfway mark. I was 4th from being dead last!  This year I would like to complete it in lest than 1:45:00.  That's my goal.  Not unrealistic, it's still a walking pace.  This time however, I'm going to wear a Depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment