My Scales

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 20, 2010

imatryptofan

http://ezinearticles.com/?Sadness,-Depression-After-Weight-Loss-Surgery---The-Serotonin-Connection&id=4375134

I found this great article by Kaye Bailey, an internationally recognized writer and speaker on weight loss surgery.  Here she talks about the post surgery weight loss and it's effect on mood.

My mood since the surgery had been on the saner side of crazy (if that makes any sence?).  Many of the post bariatric surgery patients I meet or chat with will also probably agree with me.  Bailey talks about the correlation between mood and carbohydrate intake which makes total sense, but I wonder about the what effect the rapid breakdown of all those fat-cells has on hormones.  Estrogen is stored in fat cells.  What happens when all that estrogen comes flooding into your system after the rapid weight loss begins.

There isn't too much info on the net about it, but you can find some.  Where you do find alot of talk about mood after surgery is on the many forums that are dedicated to WLS.  Pretty much post WLS  mood issues are par for the course.  GREAT!

Now on the brighter side of things......I'm only 27lbs from my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment