My Scales

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

thefirstsurgiversary

My god, it's been October since I've posted anything.  Hard to believe that time flies by so quickly and ya get busy with life, and four months has gone by.....

I thought I'd post a little one year surgiversary update, for any of you folks who have been checking in from time to time and might be curious.

I'm below my original goal weight of 160.  Last time I stepped on the scales I was 151.  I feel great! 

However there have been struggles.  Maintaining is a daily challenge, and I'm still chasing the num num dragon.  Everyday I have to be aware of what I choose to eat and how that will affect me.  This surgery wasn't a miracle cure from hunger and food issues.  I still get hungry every 2 hours.  I have ALOT of excess skin (oh great!), and I'll probably never be able to afford the plastic surgery I'll need to have to remove it.  It ain't going away without a knife...no matter how much I lose.  Then again...it is sometimes fun to play with in the bath.... (now I'm just kidding...stop being grossed out!)

That being said, I do feel more powerful than the food that consumed me.  I'm sure it could still eat me up if I let it, so remembering everyday that I've been given a real gift by having this surgery is important for me to keep in mind.  I have muscles that I can see, and the yoga and pilates I've been doing have really strengthened my core.  Funny enough, I don't float as well in the water, so I have to put alot more effort into swimming.  The chronic pain in my back is also GONE.  It's gone. I know my poor old spine is still fused in spots, and the squish is gone out of a few disks, but the daily pain in my ass is GONE! 

It's so exciting to move through life in a less cumbersome package, and it feels so amazing to be able try new things! Best of all, I'm starting to recognize the girl in the mirror as me.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You have done awesome. I unfortunately got the band, so my 1st surgiversary was very depressing. :-(

    Glad your was just the opposite!!!

    http://www.formerlyfluffy.com/

    ReplyDelete