My Scales

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

loveitorlopit

So.  I have a big decision to make.  Do I just love my saggy skin, or lop it off?  I fluctuate on whole idea of plastic surgery.  Of course I would love to have a nice nip and tuck, but when you are left with excess skin from massive weightloss the surgery options are anything but a simple nip and tuck.

I went for a referral with an excellent plastic surgeon here in victoria who specialized in post weight loss patients.  Not alot of doctors apparently want to deal with us on the basis that the 'end' result isn't always the prettiest, and if we choose to go for what MSP pays for they don't get that much money for thier time and effort.

So here are my options.  A full body lift (to the tune of $17k) YIKES.  Not really an option financially for me right now unless I remortgage my house, and I don't think I want a new ass THAT much.  A fleur de lis tummy tuck where the make a vertical and horizontal cut and pull everything together and up, but just in the front.  The scarring is quite extensive and the cost of that would be about $8K.  Then there is a good old Panniculectomy where they just cut off the excess skin in the belly area and sew you up.  This one is paid for by MSP insurance, but it doesn't do anything for loose muscles or shaping.

I've thought about standing on a street corner and asking the first 17,000 people I see for a loonie donation, but I'd have to give up my full-time job to do that, and pay for a baby-sitter....so a bit counter productive...LOL.  On top of that, there is the massive incision around the whole circumference of my body, the risks, the healing process, the pain, and time time I'd need to recover.  However, the end result would give me the figure I've been dreaming of my whole life.  The Fleur de lis, would help shape my torso a bit better, and pull a bit of my ass up, but the vertical incision meeting a horizontal incision never heals well being the furthest from a blood supply.  The Panni, would be the easiest to heal from and would flatten my stomach a bit....maybe get rid of that lovely 'slapping' sound when I run....(Really I do have to laugh at these things....LOL)...and i always have the option to do more at a later time.  Like when publishers clearing house dumps a cheque off on my doorstep one day.....

Ah, the delights of post-weight loss surgery.  And believe it or not, just having the option is delight enough.  There are days when my saggy ass, thighs, and belly skin drive me nuts, but I am definitely more happy and healthy at my current weight of 155lbs.  I was more comfortable in a bathing suit at 267lbs than I am now. But if this is the body I choose to have for the rest of my life, it will serve me well enough.  I will love it regardless of what I choose or choose not to lop off....

Hmmm.....did I say street corner????  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment